Roc the Holiday With These Local Gifts
A-Listers are a busy bunch, so this year, A-List has compiled the ultimate holiday gift guide. Surprise your friends and family with presents we handpicked just for them from some of Rochester’s best local shops, businesses and local artisans. From gifts for the foodie, the fashionista, the golfer, the vegan, and the little ones in your life to the hard to shop for person who has everything, here is the 2016 #shoplocalroc gift guide. #Roc the Holiday!
2016 Shop Local Rochester Gift Guide
18. Pamper her, spoil her, give her the gift of her own beauty team by sending her to the spa. One of Rochester’s favorite spas is on the East side. Allora Salon and Spa is the perfect choice. If she likes to be pampered (and lets face it, who doesn’t!), send her to Allora for some blissful relaxation. Holiday collections offer more for your money or personalize the service(s) she’d like best. This spa just seems to do everything right- state of the art equipment, a peaceful sanctuary to complement their 7 room spa, to shiatsu massage pedicure chairs, exclusive products, and crave worthy seasonal treatments. You can even book your appointments online which is rather convenient. The beauty team is what takes a visit to this spa, to the next level of bliss, and their loyal guests prove this point with the rave reviews on the Allora Salon & Spa Facebook Page. Purchase gift cards or spa collections online, in person, or by phone. Enjoy a complimentary Essential Manicure Gift Card with any $200 or more Gift Card Purchase just for A-List Members (order by phone for this offer).
17. This gift of craft coffee is best described by Joe Bean Coffee Roasters themselves: “Last year when Black Button Distilling offered us their retired bourbon aging barrels, it started a new grand adventure of intersecting coffee with spirits. After a number of successful bourbon barrel aged coffees, we were ready for a new challenge. When their citrus gin barrel became available, we couldn’t resist. So we are totally stoked to announce the release of our latest barrel-aging alchemy—Citrus Gin Don Roger. We gently age our critically acclaimed Don Roger Natural coffee in a citrus gin barrel, the result is a beautifully balanced blend of the fruity, spicy notes found in the coffee with the woodsy, balsam flavor of the gin. Warm and delightful—it’s like hugging a Christmas tree with fruit and spices on it. It’s a perfect holiday coffee. Actually, both the Don Roger Natural and the Citrus Gin Aged are sure to brighten up your holiday table.”
16. A family trip, romantic getaway or girls weekend might be just the thing. La Tourelle Hotel & Spa in nearby Ithaca, NY is a favorite destination with deluxe accommodations; fabulous food at 2 on-site restaurants, great local wine; a destination spa, and adventure experiences all nestled in the gorgeous New York Finger Lakes wine region! The area offers wine trails, museums, great food, an abundance of hiking trails in any of five state parks, 150 waterfalls to explore, and numerous adventure excursions available in “gorges” Ithaca. The hotel, spa and bistro are family owned by the local Wiggins family. Call direct to book your stay or grab a gift certificate for the holidays online! Choose a Relax and Rejuvenate package in one of their Deluxe Fireplace King rooms and pamper yourselves with a couples massage at their August Moon Spa and breakfast for 2 at The Bistro. Girlfriend Getaway packages are also available – a great chance for friends to reconnect. Staff can help you build your own package of accommodations, spa services, dining experiences, winery tours and anything else you can imagine for a special getaway.
15. Need a teacher, hostess or white elephant gift? Stocking stuffer, bus driver, hair dresser…..? At $9.99 Simply Crepes Crepe Mix is from Simply Crepes is the perfect gift for that someone special. Need more? Make it complete with their Crepe Making Kit. The set includes their family mix, cast iron pan, spreader, spatula, and recipe card for only $69.99. Here’s an added perk- say you are an A-lister and receive a 10.00 Gift Card with Kit purchase. Gift Cards are always a sure fit and you can select the amount. As an A-Lister, you can purchase a Simply Crepes gift card for 50.00 and receive a 10.00 gift card for yourself. Purchase a 25.00 gift card and receive a 5.00 gift card. Offers are good until December 24, 2016. Purchase online until December 21st or in store until December 24th.
14. An experience at the New York Wine & Culinary Center is a great gift for the foodie (or anyone who likes to eat). With classes, pairings, meals at the Upstairs Bistro, or craft beverage flights to choose from, you can buy a gift card for the recipient to choose their experience, or choose one you know they will love (or one you two can do together). The New York Wine & Culinary Center’s inviting experiences proudly highlight and promote the natural beauty, rich history, and agricultural bounty of New York State. View upcoming classes and events online. Purchase online or stop in and create a gift basket to accompany your gift card with items in their gift shop. Gift cards are redeemable for any of the Center’s offerings including the Upstairs Bistro, culinary and beverage classes, the tasting room and the culinary boutique.
13. For the tipplers on your list, give a delicious bottle of craft distilled spirits. There is no better way to share the holiday spirit than, well, with a few holiday spirits. Life of Reilley (LOR) is a family business that craft distills Premium Vodka, Raspberry Vodka, and Vanilla Vodka using 100% NYS corn, sourced from the Finger Lakes. The proprietary process of mashing, fermenting, distilling, filtering, and hand-bottling makes their vodkas silky smooth while leaving plenty of flavor from the ingredients that everyone can appreciate. Each of their products is filtered for 96 straight hours through a recirculating pump, making Life of Reilley distinctly different. How it’s different than the big box brands is important. Their filtration system is amazing in that it takes out almost all of the impurities that would typically give you a hangover. Bonus. Big box brands don’t do as good of a job filtering their products because it is expensive and time consuming. LOR is available at Marketview Liquor, Century Liquors, Lisa’s Liquor Barn, Georgetown Liquor. While you are at the store, pick up a bottle for yourself. Cheers!
12. Honeoye Falls Distillery proudly crafts unique, high quality spirits that showcase the rich agricultural history of our region. Whether you are a mixologist in training or know someone who loves a finely crafted cocktail, these mixology sets are the perfect gift. The Mule Package includes one bottle of Frozen Falls Vodka, two copper HFD Mule Mugs, and a bottle of local FIZ Ginger Beer for $45. The Sir Drake Manhattan Package includes one bottle of Red Saw Rye Whiskey, one bottle of Glenora Port Wine, one bottle of local Stoney Ridge Dark Maple Syrup, one bottle of Peychaud’s bitters for $50. The Classic Manhattan Package includes one bottle of Red Saw Rye Whiskey, one bottle of Red Saw Bourbon, one classic stir spoon, one double sided copper jigger, one bottle of Angostura bitters for $75. The Sazerac Package includes one bottle of Absinthe Verte, one bottle of Red Saw Rye Whiskey, one bottle of Peychaud’s bitters, 2 traditional Absinthe Sugar Cubes for $75. Available at Honeoye Falls Distillery. Hours when you can stop in- W & TH | 4pm – 11pm; F & S | 3pm – 11pm; Sun | 10am – 3pm.
11. For the golfer on your list, give a day on the links at one of the top courses in the area. A Gift Card from Ravenwood Golf Course can be for any amount and used for golf, golf merchandise, food & beverage or golf lessons. Ravenwood also offers many gift card packages for two or 4 golfers. Stop by the pro shop at the course, buy online or by phone. The Golf Shop is open Mon – Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm / Sat. & Sun from 10:00am to 4:00pm through December 23rd.
10. Give the golfer on your list a chance to swing those clubs in the dead of winter with a golf experience at Avid Indoor Golf Center. $45 for 1 hour on the golf simulator for up to 4 players. Avid is an upscale indoor golf facility located next to Ridgemont Country Club with 6 simulators where golfers can play over 90 world famous courses swinging real clubs with real balls. They even have a bar and grill for the complete golf experience. Purchase online.
9. Give the gift of amazing restaurant experiences with Nite Out. A planned night out at a top local (non chain) restaurant is a great gift to experience our local dining scene. Each month subscribers get a packet mailed to their door that contains a deal for a local Rochester favorite non-chain restaurant, where a complimentary bottle of wine awaits that pairs perfectly with their signature dish. Purchase a subscription now online for the food lover on your list.
8. The gift of knowledge is priceless, not to mention fun and something you can do together or something the recipient can do together with someone they love! There is the kind of gift card that you get when you don’t know what else to give and then there is the kind of gift card you get that can introduce someone to their new favorite hobby. This gift can help with the latter. Pick up a gift card for a class at the Rochester Brainery available online and in-store. Rochester Brainery‘s classroom and event space allows people to connect through fun, affordable and accessible classes. Most classes are under $30. Take a look at the upcoming class list here. p.s. While you’re in-store, check out some of their great gift add-on’s like a DIY Macrame Kit from Hitch + Cord ($30), a Rochester Brainery winter hat ($15) and more!
7. Make it the happiest of holidays by granting loved ones the gift of serenity, with a spa gift certificate to the brand new Strathallan Spa. This urban oasis nestled in the historic Neighborhood of the Arts is Rochester’s premier getaway from the demands of daily life. Relaxing and therapeutic massages, rejuvenating facials, and revitalizing body treatments are available to enjoy. Or guests can experience signature manicures and pedicures or a wash and style in the nail and hair salon. During the holiday season, take advantage of the grand opening offer of a complimentary $25 gift certificate with every purchase of $100 in gift certificates. Certificates are available for purchase at the front desk of the Strathallan Spa.
6. Give the gift of Love Craft this holiday with a hand-made knuckle ring starting at $32! An Interstellar Love Craft original, each of these beauties are made individually and locally. Whether your treating yourself, or giving as a gift, their knuckle ring is sure to brighten someone’s day! Available in a variety of metals and styles. Customize yours at The Adorned Studios. Shop Interstellar Love Craft’s rings, earrings, and necklaces online.
5. Rohrbachs is Rochester’s first craft brewery and a Rochester favorite for good reason. Pick up the perfect gift for your fellow beer lover(s)! A gift card for great craft beer. Purchase a $25 gift card online anytime before Monday, December 19th and receive a $5 promotional card free! Gift cards and promotional cards are accepted at either Rohrbach location and are redeemable for food, beverage, or to-go beer sales.
4. This holiday, give her the moon and the stars. From Mann’s Jewelers own Precious Petites collection, these earrings bring you the diamonds of her dreams at a down-to-earth price point. Earrings, $440. The Precious Petites collection starts at $150. Use the Mann’s Holiday Gift Card to save from $25-$1,300 off your purchase through Jan. 7, 2017. Some restrictions apply.
3. Personalize your gift with a custom initial necklace from Artwark. Designed by you. Perfect for anyone on your list. Rustic organic discs are hand stamped with the initial of your choice & comes complete with a chain. Available in 14K gold filled or sterling silver, with or without birth stones. Great for friends, mommy necklaces, and bridesmaid gifts. $32 in gold. Best friend necklace set is $43 for 2. Buy online. With over 250 items online there is something for everyone on your list and every budget from stocking stuffers to high end fine jewelry. Each piece you purchase is carefully handcrafted, packed and shipped by Sarah from her studio. Mention code: 25off at checkout to redeem these specials -Purchases of $45+ enjoy 25% OFF. Purchases of $100 enjoy 25% OFF Plus Free Gift.
2. Amerks Holiday Hat Trick Pack For the hockey fan, this 3 part Amerks gift includes Two Tickets valid for the Amerks game on Friday, January 6th vs. the Syracuse Crunch, two Ticket Vouchers valid for any 2016-17 Amerks home game at the Blue Cross Arena, and One New Era Amerks Knit Hat. $59 (Value $125). Available at the Rochester Americans Office and online.
1. An assortment of mouth watering truffles from Pudgy Girl Bakery is a great gift for anyone and especially for those with dietary restrictions. Everything is vegan and some items are GF (gluten free). A box of treats is a great host/hostess gift. A good hostess gift should be for the host or hostess themselves to enjoy after the guests depart, not something to contribute to the overall spread. Everything is vegan. Most items are gluten free. Pudgy Girl Bakery also offers cheesecakes, cookies, donuts, layer cakes and pies. Gift Box of 6 truffles $16.00. Gift Box of a dozen truffles $30.00. Stop by the kitchen, or order by phone email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay tuned for more (LOCAL) gifts!
#roc the holiday