Roc the Holiday With These Local Gifts
A-Listers are a busy bunch, so this year, A-List has compiled the ultimate holiday gift guide. Surprise your friends and family with presents we handpicked just for them from some of Rochester’s best local shops, businesses and local artisans. From gifts for the foodie, the fashionista, the golfer, the vegan, and the little ones in your life to the hard to shop for person who has everything, here are the first 5 gifts of the 2017 #shoplocalroc gift guide. We’ll be adding more local gifts each week. #Roc the Holiday!
2017 Shop Local Rochester Gift Guide
11. Something art inspired from the Store @ MAG. Find unique jewelry from artists like Myung Urso (necklace shown) and handcrafted boxes and woodwork by Richard Westfall, available in different finishes and colors. The store offers framed photography, paintings and ceramics by many other local artists. The Store @ MAG is now open Tues. through Sun. 11am-5pm and Thurs. 11am-9pm through Christmas Eve at 3 pm. Can’t choose? Pick up a gift card that can be used anywhere at MAG.
10. Give the gift of health and fun with a Tennis 101 or Paddle 101 Package from the Tennis Club of Rochester. Beginner programs offer flexible scheduling and include instruction from top-notch professionals. Tennis 101 Package is $110 for 6 classes – It’s never too late to learn or try tennis! We make it easy for you to get started by providing you with a racquet, tennis balls and a knowledgeable instructor for each class. All you need to do is show up with tennis shoes on! Each package includes a session of six 90-minute classes and a Two-Week Membership to the Tennis Club of Rochester. Paddle 101 Package is $70 for 4 classes – Learn what a fun game Paddle can be in four (4) 1-hour clinics covering the strokes of the game, rules, scoring, and strategy. Equipment is provided! Each package includes four 1-hour lessons and a Two-Week Membership to the Tennis Club of Rochester. Find out more and purchase your package of choice by online or by calling TCR at (585) 381-2529 ext. 114.
9. Hand poured lip balms, mineral salt soaks, body lotions, and whipped sugar scrubs made from locally sourced honey & beeswax are a great gift for almost anyone on your list. Cire D’ Abeille offers their product line around town and online. Cruelty-free skin care handmade in Upstate New York. Take advantage of the holiday stock up special of 5 Cire D’ Abeille lips balms for $20- a perfect stocking stuffer, and you can mix and match flavors. Or buy them a gift card so they can choose their own items. ☃️🕎 FREE SHIPPING included if you purchase online, or click here to see where you can buy around town.
5. Give the golfer on your list a chance to swing those clubs in the dead of winter with a golf experience at Avid Indoor Golf Center. $45 for 1 hour on the golf simulator for up to 4 players. Avid is an upscale indoor golf bar & grill, located next to Ridgemont Country Club with 4 simulators. Golfers can play over 90 world famous courses swinging real clubs with real balls. Purchase online as well as gift certificates for any amount.
4. Personalize your gift with a custom initial necklace from Artwark. Designed by you. Perfect for anyone on your list. Rustic organic discs are hand stamped with the initial of your choice & comes complete with a chain. Available in 14K gold filled or sterling silver, with or without birth stones. Great for friends, mommy necklaces, and bridesmaid gifts. $32 in gold. Best friend necklace set is $43 for 2. Buy online. With over 250 items online there is something for everyone on your list and every budget from stocking stuffers to high end fine jewelry. Each piece you purchase is carefully handcrafted, packed and shipped by Sarah from her studio. Mention code: 25off at checkout to redeem these specials -Purchases of $45+ enjoy 25% OFF. Purchases of $100 enjoy 25% OFF Plus Free Gift.
3. Something to liven up the home is the perfect hostess, work exchange gift, or holiday present. These unique quirky animal plates, are designed and printed in Upstate NY, and are dishwasher, and microwave safe. Artist, Kaaren Anderson, explores the animal kingdom with sharpies and paper. She magically transfers her sassy images to plates and platters, fabric and furniture. She makes vibrant, noisy, colorful, crazy-ass fun for your home and table. Find them as well as many other unique items at FLY BY Pop Up Shop (across from Pittsford Lumber in Northfield Commons in Pittsford) or order online at Solveigstudio.com. Fly By is filled with Solveig Studio’s work, from coasters, mugs, pillows, furniture, boxes, puzzles, and much more. Nine other local artists contribute to the vast range of products and gifts in the store. The store is open: Tues.-Friday 10am-7pm and Sat. 10am-5pm until the end of December.
2. Give the gift of solar to your family this holiday season and spend less on your electricity! This is the perfect family gift for your family or your loved ones. Save money, support local, make a positive impact on the community and environment by choosing SunCommon, a Certified B Corp with a triple bottom line of People, Planet, and Profit. Whether you own or rent, you are empowered to make a choice about where and how your electricity is generated. As a Community Solar member, you will spend less money while supporting clean, local energy from a solar array (solar farm) in the Rochester region. Or, Go Solar by owning your own rooftop array at no upfront cost. Become a customer by December 31st and receive a $25 gift card. Get started at www.suncommon.com or call (585) 265-2384 oremail to set up a 5-10 minute phone call with one of their expert Solar Advisors.
1. Make it the happiest of holidays by granting loved ones the gift of relaxation, with a spa gift certificate to Relax the Spa, luxury day spa. With a $325 gift card, this super soft and cozy robe is included! A gift for her, him, them, or yourself, to melt away stress, soothe your senses, or give your body a little boost with one of the relaxing and revitalizing services. Choose from renewing facials and indulgent body treatments to pampering nail and waxing services. Relax the Spa is located in the historic High Point area of Victor, just minutes from Rochester near Eastview Mall. Call, or stop in this holiday season.
Stay tuned for more (LOCAL) gifts! We’ll be adding new gifts in a few days.